COURSE TITLE: 'Start Your Own Business'
START DATE: Tuesday, 8th October 2013
DURATION: 8 Weeks. Evenings (7-10pm).
Includes Tea/Coffee/Refreshments Break.
VENUE: The Beacon Hotel, Sandyford, Dublin 18.
FEE: €150 per participant
Get Your Business Up & Running in 2013!
Are you looking to Start Your Own Business but are unsure of how and where to begin?
We've developed an 8 week evening programme for you. Under the guidance of specialist trainers, you will learn how to research your business idea, assess its commercial viability, pick an appropriate business structure, identify sources of funding and explore effective sales and marketing strategies. All course content has been carefully chosen to support any new product or service-led business. Class sizes are limited to 15 people to ensure maximize learning outcomes for participants.
This course runs from Tuesday, 8th October to Tuesday, 26th November 2013.
The training will be delivered by Optimum Training.
Start Your Own Business - Course Content (Week by Week*)
DLRCEB's 8 WEEK 'START YOUR OWN BUSINESS'
Tue, 8th Oct
What it takes to be an Entrepreneur
- Exploring the Realities of Starting & Running
a Business in a Competitive Environment
- Commence the Business Planning Process
Tue, 15th Oct
Marketing Your Start-Up
- Assessing Market Opportunities
- How to Promote Your Business on a Budget
- Online & Social Media Strategies
- Cost Effective Advertising
- Market Research Methods
Tue, 22nd Oct
- Legal Considerations for Your Start-Up
- Choosing a Business Structure
[Sole Trader, Partnership, Limited Company]
- Health & Safety Considerations
- Insurance & Pension Issues
Tue, 29th Oct
Small Business Finance
- Pricing Your Product or Service
- Break Even Analysis
- Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet & Cashflow Statements
- Options for Raising Finance
Tue, 5th Nov
Cashflow Management & Taxation
- Understanding the Fundamentals of Business Taxation
- Explanation of PAYE, PRSI & VAT
Tue, 12th Nov
The Small Business Sales Process
- Developing a Sales Action Plan
- Understanding Consumer Buying Behaviour
- How to Prospect for Customers
- Minimizing 'Time-Wasting' Sales Activity
Tue, 19th Nov
How to 'Recession Proof' Your Business
- Lessons in Customer Relationship Management
- How to Control Business Costs
- Developing Business-Winning Competitor/Market Analysis
Tue, 26th Nov
Concluding the Business
- Review of Course Content
- Establishing Objectives for Your Business
* Please note that changes to the running order of these sessions may be made.
'Start Your Own Business' Course - How it is Delivered
This course features group work, individual tasks, presentations, Q&A and exercises. The priority is to equip participants with knowledge and skills which they can implement into their new businesses.
Book Your Place & Get Your Business Started ....
The Course Fee is €150 per person and is payable prior to course commencement.
To Book & Pay for your place now, simply follow the 'Book Now' link below.
If you need any assistance, please contact Lisa Brown on (01) 494 8400 or firstname.lastname@example.org